Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our First Couple Weeks in Dominica

There is so much to tell about the past couple of weeks here in Dominica.  We've been all over the island together and apart, and we both have our favorite places.  One of my favorites thus far is Emerald Pool.  There will be plenty of pictures to come of this amazingly beautiful place.  It's about an hour and a half drive from where we live, but so worth it. We had a few stops along the way of some great sites, and of course we had an amazing tour guide.

Michael's favorite place is of course Bense Pool.  This is where everyone goes to do some cliff jumping.  From what Michael says the hike is a bit challenging, but so worth it.  We still have lots more to see.
We are adjusting pretty well for the most part.  I, as you may or may not know have already started working at a local hotel/bar called Comfortel de Champ.  Its been great so far, even though I'm a bit out of my element with working as a waitress/bartender at night, and managing the hotel in the mornings.  But, the most important thing is that it is keeping me plenty busy.  I recently got my driver's license to be able to drive here, and I will admit, it's a bit scary since they drive on the left side of the road.  I'm sure I'm leaving so much out, but for now thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment